Quiltropolis
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Boards & Calendars
Email Discussion Boards (Lists)

Online Forums
Online Forums - Search

Calendars
Clubs

Fun Stuff
Articles
E-Cards
Photo Albums
Quilt Block Party
Signup for our Newsletter
Quotes

Shopping & Links
Classifieds
Online Shops
Shop Locator
Stitch Links
Web Directory

Services
Banner Exchange
Contact Us
Domain Names
Website Hosting
Advertising

Return of the Stash Empress
New stuff!
42 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4]

Quick & Dirty Birthday Nightie, Closeup

Quick & Dirty Birthday nightie for my dd's 5th birthday, pattern morphed from KSSFC t-shirt & RTW nightgown. Printed Ribknit from Fabric.com. Picot edged FOE from Kathy, Fr8rain@mindspring.com

Top Ottobre 1/2005, t-shirt #1, pants from Ottobre 3/2004, both size 92cm. Left off the pockets on the pants & instead of cutting & adding piping in the pants seams, applied ribbon on top of the fabric. Added 1" at each side seam of the shirt for looser fit. Ribbed velour from Fabric.com, Lamington Lane label, gingham grosgrain ribbon from Home-Sew.

Closeup of t-shirt #1, Ottobre 1/2005, size 92cm w/1" extra width added at each side seam for extra ease.

Top #1 from Ottobre 1/2005 & pants from Ottobre 3/2004. Left off pockets from pants & didn't cut to add piping. Added 1" at each side seam of shirt for extra ease. Embroidered ribknit from Fabric.com. Doesn't the FOE look died to match? It had irridescent glitter, so I applied it inside out LOL!

Closeup of top #1, Ottobre 1/2005, size 92cm, added 1" at side seams for extra ease. Embroidered ribknit from Fabric.com

Jumper #25 & Turtleneck #20, both from Ottobre 4/2003, size 116. Jumper fabric is a quilted rayon with embroidered aspirin dots from The Sewing Room (10+ yrs ago) and turtleneck is striped interlock, also from The Sewing Room (about 3yrs ago). Also matching stripe headband at her request.

PJ's for 5yo using KSSFC as basic pattern, lettuced the sleeve & hem edges. Embroidered ribknit from Fabric.com. Started in the summer... only took 2 mos. to complete....

Dress from the favorite Ottobre t-shirt #16 from 1/2003, with skirt added. Fabric is cotton/lycra knit from Fabric.com, embroidery is freebie from Sue Box's site, white picot elastic at neck & sleeve edges.

Another old favorite dress, but had to show the details before trashing it. I used the favorite Ottobre T-shirt (#16, 1/2003) as the basis & added a gathered skirt. The skirt is eyelet gingham seersucker from Fabric.com (the surprise fabric that didn't become seersucker till it got wet the first time --- but I think we all liked it better this way ) The top is white glitter interlock, also from Fabric.com. I have to say this fabric did not wash well --- over time became increasingly yellow/grey, not something I've ever seen before. Neck & sleeves finished with decorative scalloped elastic. Bunny embroidery was a freebie off the net, don't remember where. Gotta throw it out, only way to get her to stop wearing it -- its 2yo & way too small!

Sweater Jacket #21 from Ottobre 1/2004 (the jacket on the cover) Fabric is pink Nantucket Fleece (sweater knit on the outside, fleece on the inside) from Sewbaby -- darker than it looks in the picture) Bound in FOE, snaps from Snapsource. Embroidery on the front chest is from the Cherished Teddies card by AD & the embroideries on the lower front are parts of a design I'd edited out of something larger -- I think from one of the Jeannie Twigg books/CD's.

Back of sweater jacket from the cover of Ottobre 1/2004. Pink Nantucket Fleece from Sewbaby (darker than it looks in the picture). Embroidery on the center back waist is from an old Sew News freebie (I think).
42 Photos - Page : [1] [2] [3] [4]

Return to viewing all photo albums

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright @ 1996-2005 Quiltropolis.