Quiltropolis
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Boards & Calendars
Email Discussion Boards (Lists)

Online Forums
Online Forums - Search

Calendars
Clubs

Fun Stuff
Articles
E-Cards
Photo Albums
Quilt Block Party
Signup for our Newsletter
Quotes

Shopping & Links
Classifieds
Online Shops
Shop Locator
Stitch Links
Web Directory

Services
Banner Exchange
Contact Us
Domain Names
Website Hosting
Advertising

Kids' Stuff
17 Photos - Page : [1] [2]

duffle.jpg

duffleopen.jpg

Rainshed Duffle pattern using the raincoat materials

lindsayrc.jpg

DGD Lindsay's raincoat. Green Pepper Oregon Raincoat pattern

mathewrc.jpg

DGS Mathew's raincoat, Green Pepper Oregon Raincoat pattern

screenbag.jpg

Screen bag made for neighbor's 70th birthday. The flowers 'bloom' and the hummingbird's throat turns ruby red in sunlight.
Didn't buy anything for this....even the screen came from the 'resource center' LOL
Both designs came from Ann The Gran. Hummingbird designer is Connie St Clair and the flowers are by Carol Boussard. Didn't have a pattern. I used grey fiberglass screen and a silvery gray webbing. Rough dimensions of finished bag are 19" high by 15" wide.
Cut 1 piece of screen: 41" x 17" for bag and 2 pieces 8.5" x 12.5" for pocket (includes 1.25" hem allowances, 3 yards of 1" wide webbing for handle. Hem both ends of the bag piece and the top of the pocket. Embroider one pocket piece using two layers of water soluble stabilizer, one on top and one under the screen. I hooped it all and after I'd finished the embroidery, I backed that with the second pocket piece. Sewed the together and treated them as one for the rest of the process. This protects the back side of the embroidery from items put in the pocket. Turn under bottom of pocket 3/4" place pocket with top about 4" from one hem and centered. Sew bottom of pocket. Sew sides of pocket 3/8" from raw edges. Lap two ends of the webbing about 1" and sew using box with X in it to make it sturdy! Lay bag piece wrong side down on flat surface. Place web loop over bag so that inner edges cover sides of pocket about 3/4" and the handles are of equal length. Put the web overlap where it will be on the bottom of the bag when done. Stitch webbing down on both edges and finish at the hems with box reinforcement. (See closeup of picture}. Side seams are french seams to enclose raw edges. Bottom of bag has corners stitched across about 1.25" in to make flat bottom for bag.

parrotshirt2.jpg

I was trying to show fussy cut pocket and center front. This time I did cut off part of what I wanted to show.
Fabric came from the 'resource center' of a friend's mother. She is no longer able to sew.

parrotshirtm.jpg

DGS Mathew in new shirt. I didn't cut his head off in the picture, his parents don't want pictures of kids faces shown.

dawnbags.jpg

Sort of kids' stuff. Cosmetic bags from all the different raincoat materials I've used. Design is from Mary Mulari's Accessories with Style.
These bags (26) were made as a community service project for our local Domestic Awareness Women's Network. I made them and my P.E.O. chapter provided most of the items that went in them. Soap, Shampoo, toothpaste/brush, hand/body lotion, comb & deodorant.

Lindsay_twirl.jpg

DGD Lindsay in her 'twirly dress' Thanks to Saralyn for the instructions!
KSSFT t-shirt top and two tiers to skirt made with instructions that appear in Saralyn's file.

hpillows.jpg

Halloween glow-in-the-dark pillowcases for DGK
Nice flannel for cases. Glow in the dark rick- rack. Letters L and M from Buzztools free sign language alphabet.

Img_0006.jpg

Safety Vest for DGS Mathew Based on Kwik Sew 2510
Mathew and his Daddy ride bikes all year. They live in rainy western Oregon and night riding is a safety issue. DS asked if I could make them some sort of reflective vest to wear. This one is for DGS and I have another in the works for his Daddy. I used outer wear vest pattern from Kwik Sew 2510 for the base and then just 'winged it' LOL I used the front and back lining pieces and didn't bother to trim off the seam allowances. The orange fabric is a firm mesh and the stripes are a reflective coated nylon. Binding is nylon lycra. (won't use it on DS...it is too bulky. I have some wide fold over elastic trim I will use instead). The vest zips up the front. There are straps and buckles on the sides to allow for adjusting over various shirts, jackets or coats. This is a Christmas gift, so will have to wait and see how well it works.

Img_0007.jpg

Big Kid's (DS) Safety Vest Based on Green Pepper Oakridge Hunter's Vest F781
Vest for Mathew's Daddy so they can ride bikes even late in the day. They ride to and from work/school. The pattern is Green Pepper F781. I used the front and back lining pieces and didn't bother to trim off the seam allowances. The orange fabric is a firm mesh and the stripes are a reflective coated nylon. Binding 1" wide (before folding) fold over elastic. The vest zips up the front. Instead of side seams, there are straps and buckles on the sides to allow for adjusting over various shirts, jackets or coats. This is a Christmas gift, so will have to wait and see how well it works.
17 Photos - Page : [1] [2]

Return to viewing all photo albums

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright @ 1996-2005 Quiltropolis.