Quiltropolis
You are logged in as a guest. ( logon | register )

Boards & Calendars
Email Discussion Boards (Lists)

Online Forums
Online Forums - Search

Calendars
Clubs

Fun Stuff
Articles
E-Cards
Photo Albums
Quilt Block Party
Signup for our Newsletter
Quotes

Shopping & Links
Classifieds
Online Shops
Shop Locator
Stitch Links
Web Directory

Services
Banner Exchange
Contact Us
Domain Names
Website Hosting
Advertising

Picture Smocking By Machine
DreamerPaula's Smocked creations
9 Photos - Page : [1]

p-smocking1.jpg

Mary Alicia in a smocked gown
This bishop style gown has machine picture smocking but everything else is hand smocked. The doll's gown is entirely machine picture smocked.

p-smocking1-a.jpg

Close-up of smocking on gown
Here's a closer look at the machine and hand smocking on the pink bishop nightgown.

p-smocking2.jpg

Baby Dress with panties
Pretty in pink - a machine smocked, newborn sized dress with panties.

p-smocking3.jpg

Smocked Doll Gown
Here's a better look at the doll's gown with machine smocking.

p-smocking4.jpg

Boy's Smocked Sweatshirt Panel
Smocking isn't just for girls! This insert has machine smocked flags and borders. There isn't any "backsmocking" on this one, it is fussed to interfacing instead. They better be careful not to pull the pleats out!

p-smocking5.jpg

Smocked Flags on Ribbed Knit
Ok, so it isn't sewing for kids! This ribbed knit shirt (RTW) needed something extra. So, I stitched the flag out three times for instant patriotic pizzaz! I think this will be one of my favorite shirts.

dress-decorativestitches.jpg

Machine Smocked Square Yoke Dress
This infant sized dress was machine smocked using regular decorative stitches (not the programmed utility stitches). If I had a close-up picture, you realize that the stitches work side to side (like a satin stitch) instead of back and forth (like cable stitches). I did this dress as an example of what you can do if you do NOT have a computerized machine. I did it on my computerized machine, but the 25 year old Kenmore that I inherited has very similar stitch patterns.

usa-1.jpg

Mock Pleated - Machine Smocked Insert
I used corduroy fabric instead of pleated fabric. The pattern is Cherry William's Playsuit - long version. VERY easy and fun to make!

usa-2.jpg

Close-up of corduroy insert
This is just a closer look at the mock insert. I used my #1+ to do the stitching; with the plus hoop, I could easily line everything up! I also used piping, to make the entire project have that nice finished look, this type of detail helps to distract you from seeing that it isn't hand smocked, and it isn't even pleated fabric! The finished product looks less hand-stitched than the other stitching options, but it still looks very nice!

9 Photos - Page : [1]

Return to viewing all photo albums

(Delete all cookies set by this site)

Copyright @ 1996-2005 Quiltropolis.